Founders Park is a peaceful 4.67-acre riverside park that borders the Potomac River in Old Town Alexandria. The park is three blocks north of the Torpedo Factory Art Center and is near the shops and restaurants of King Street and the marina. It is also within a walking distance from Port Royal Condos.
Founders Park is a beautiful open space for all and is good year-round especially during the spring, summer, and fall. It is very popular among locals and offers lots of relaxing and fun ways to enjoy the outdoors. Here are things to do at Founders Park.
- Take a stroll— you can stroll through the open space, follow the paved trail, and walk along the shore of the Potomac River.
- Enjoy the scenic river— the park offers spectacular views of Old Town Alexandria, Washington, DC, Maryland, and the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. From here, you can see National Harbor and MGM Grand Casino & Hotel in Maryland. You can also enjoy watching the sunset in the evening across the water. There are many benches to take in the view.
- Play volleyball–there is a volleyball court with sand right in the middle of the park which is great to play with friends.
- Have a picnic— bring some blankets and a picnic basket and enjoy the fresh air and the natural beauty of the park with your family.
- Walk your dog– the park features an unfenced dog exercise area where your furry friend can run and play without restriction.
Properties in Port Royal
1 beds, 1 full baths, 784 sqft living area
Welcome home to this beautifully remodeled condo in Old Town Alexandria. Move in ready and waiting for its new owner. CONDO FEE INCLUDES ALL THE UTILITIES. Large Roof top terrance has stunning views of the Potomac river. Enjoy living in Old Town as you can walk to everything. Short walk to 2 metro stations, less than a mile from King Street, a block from the Potomac River, 1.5 blocks from the Mount Vernon Trail, very close to Harris Teeter, Traders Joes, restaurants and shops.
1 beds, 1 full baths, 785 sqft living area
Welcome to this well-maintained and updated 8th floor condo unit in highly sought-after Old Town Alexandria! The condo fee includes utilities and parking. It features 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and a bright and spacious living room. Freshly painted throughout! The kitchen, bathroom and closets are newer. This unit has a balcony with wonderful views. Just blocks to Metro, plenty of shopping and dining options. 24 hour concierge desk and controlled access to the building.