Founders Park is a peaceful 4.67-acre riverside park that borders the Potomac River in Old Town Alexandria. The park is three blocks north of the Torpedo Factory Art Center and is near the shops and restaurants of King Street and the marina. It is also within a walking distance from Port Royal Condos.
Founders Park is a beautiful open space for all and is good year-round especially during the spring, summer, and fall. It is very popular among locals and offers lots of relaxing and fun ways to enjoy the outdoors. Here are things to do at Founders Park.
- Take a stroll— you can stroll through the open space, follow the paved trail, and walk along the shore of the Potomac River.
- Enjoy the scenic river— the park offers spectacular views of Old Town Alexandria, Washington, DC, Maryland, and the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. From here, you can see National Harbor and MGM Grand Casino & Hotel in Maryland. You can also enjoy watching the sunset in the evening across the water. There are many benches to take in the view.
- Play volleyball–there is a volleyball court with sand right in the middle of the park which is great to play with friends.
- Have a picnic— bring some blankets and a picnic basket and enjoy the fresh air and the natural beauty of the park with your family.
- Walk your dog– the park features an unfenced dog exercise area where your furry friend can run and play without restriction.
Properties in Port Royal
0 beds, 1 full baths, 385 sqft living area
This studio condo with a balcony (RARELY AVAILABLE) is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to live in the heart of Old Town, Alexandria without breaking the budget - and without a car. Easy walk to two metros, bus stops, grocery, shops, restaurants and more. CONDO FEE INCLUDES ALL UTILITIES (owner just pays for internet/cable). Updates include fresh paint, new refrigerator and light fixtures. 24-hour concierge. Plenty of parking. Rooftop deck (on 17th floor) with amazing city and Potomac River views spanning from Washington, DC to National Harbor. Bike room storage. Just steps away from Harris Teeter and Trader Joes. Easy access to major commuting routes, DC, Regan National Airport, National Landing (including Pentagon City, Crystal City and Amazon HQ2) - all less than a 10 minute drive. A few blocks from the bike path and Potomac River. A 15 minute walk to Braddock Metro (1.2 miles to King St. Metro). Enjoy city living in the most charming city in America. Immediate occupancy.