Montgomery Park is a small 2.01 acre park located in the ‘backyard’ of Port Royal Condominiums at 901 N Royal Street. The park is located on a site which was purchased by founder of Alexandria, John Alexander in 1669. After many years of changes on the property the site the park was officially established in 1939. Today Montgomery Park features four lit tennis courts which makes it very popular among tennis fanatics. There is also a playground for the young ones to play with their peers while their parents socialize with each other. The playground feature bucket swings, swings, seesaw, monkey bars and slides for the older kids and a small play structure with slide for toddlers. In addition to the playground, there is a fenced dog run, picnic tables, shelter and water fountain. Montgomery Park is managed by the Old Town North Community Association.